Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More Morning Sun

I thought I had remembered a picture that showed an entire wall of paintings similar to the Morning Sun and The Walnut Tree from the previous post. I looked through my photos and didn't find the picture I was thinking of, but found at least four more instances of similar paintings. I will have to look through my slides again at some point.

These two paintings are both labeled Blossoms from 1994. The bottom painting is clearly printed from the same original as Morning Sun. The show flyer on the left is from a show at the Marin County Civic Center from 1994, so I assume that is where these were pictured:


Two more paintings without any context or names:



The last example is from a picture labeled "1990 Exhibition, Danny & Co., Santa Rosa". Danny & Company was a clothing store in Santa Rosa that often showed Ruth Dicker paintings. The third painting in second row is in the same family as Morning Sun and the first painting in the second row might be as well with additional branches filled in:


No comments: