Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Looking for more Photos

With everything that is out there on the Internet, sometimes I am surprised by what I can't find. I have been looking for pictures of Ruth Dicker paintings handing in The Nut Tree and The Coffee Tree dining rooms. I have found one each inside The Nut Tree and The Coffee Tree, but I am sure there are more out there.

I recently discovered a book called, The Nut Tree Remembered: The Cook Book. I am going to try to get a copy of it and perhaps it will have some Ruth Dicker paintings hiding in it.

There used to be a government database listing of a Ruth Dicker painting handing in a federal building in Texas, but I can't find that link any more.

If you have picture of Ruth Dicker paintings from shows or galleries or hanging in public places, please send them to me.

1 comment:

streetsmart said...

I don't have any pictures of Ruth Dicker paintings in public places but I think I just found one in my house. Six or seven years ago (complete guess), my wife and I purchased what we thought was a folk art painting from an antique store (somewhere on the San Francisco peninsula, I seem to recall). One house move later and the painting got stacked behind some other picture frames. I just ran across it today and noticed it was signed. I decided to Google the artist's name. Back of the painting also has a printed form that reads

'RUTH DICKER
“Morning Sun”, 19?? (date is not legible)
12”x12”
hand print/mixed media”

No idea how to prove if it’s original though. Thoughts?